Academy of Literacy converts the memory challenged into logic based learners.
Teaches the ALPHabetic Principle in a meaningful & predictable format.
A "new science of learning" is fundamental to prospering in the age of information overload.
As teachers and students struggle to master the increasingly complex information, we need a system that teaches them to apply logic and critical thinking to problem solving in literacy.
PhonKnowLedgy, delivered by computer is ideally suited to systematically teach the complexities of making the English language logical.
A.W.A.R.E. -an edu-media company- has developed a problem-solving literacy program that moves reading forward from memorizing words to applied logic by:
- presenting the sounds and shapes of letters in meaningful stories to make the letters' behaviours logical, predictable, and understandable;
- simplifying recalling letters' names, sounds and shapes as the learners identify with the letters' quirks and resulting personalities;
- giving learners the ability to predict relationships between letters based on the personification of the letters;
- encouraging the learners to refer to their own behaviour as a model to make decisions about choice of letters in building unfamiliar words;
- expediting learning by referring the users to their own behaviour to develop a system of self-checking, self-correcting their spelling;
- using the stories which are based on the sound and configuration of the letters to determine the reasons for the letters' placement in words;
- enabling the learners to use knowledge of these stories to reconstruct basic concepts and recall sounds that are difficult to memorize;
- posing key questions that enable the learners to analyze the accuracy of their encoding and decoding of words;
- transferring responsibility for learning to the users by enabling them to generate logical solutions to problems in encoding and decoding words;
- building on the students' ability to reflect and build on their own experience.